Thursday, October 18, 2012

A daily prayer

Oh Lord Jesus, please hear my prayer today, a prayer of repentance for the heart you have made for me and how I have strayed from your plan...

You gave me a heart to love others with, to see who they really were, to feel compassion and care for those in hurting times and of great need...

Instead I took your heart and greatly distorted it by making it a heart of selfishness and greed...

A heart that manipulated others, especially those who needed the most help, who were downtrodden and weary, looking for your validation and encouragement...

Instead I used your chosen, your loved ones, their very souls, as my validation for who I wanted to be, who I needed to be, for my own gains, my own notches, my own fulfillment...

Lord, I am so sorry for corrupting the precious heart you gave me and created for me, one of encouragement, sumpasco need and understanding for others and for loving others, as you have created them and not as how I needed them.

Thank you Lord, for healing my heart and setting me free...

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment